Construction Clerk at Cherd Africa
CHERD AFRICA is a real estate company that was established in 2013 offering residential houses for sale in secure, serene and gated community environments to customers. We give the best in the market at affordable prices. We are determined to explore different opportunities that provides great value to our clients and be able to grow and improve in the coming years
We are striving to be a World class real estate developer to provide families with quality, affordable and decent homes
Purpose of the job:
To monitor the work of contractors to CHERD Africa/Company standards. The main responsibility is to make sure that the work is carried out to the required standards, specification and schedule ensuring that the correct materials and workmanship are used and that the company is given quality work and value for money. The incumbent will also be responsible for marketing the products of the company as may be directed by the Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Incumbent will be on the site all the time and must be vigilant in the large range of technical aspects of the works that may include but not limited to: –
- Conducting site inspections of the ongoing works and checking that building plans are being followed correctly. Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and using them as a reference when inspecting the work
- Develop process and works quality checklists and ensure to ensure the inspection is done thoroughly and objectively
- Monitoring progress and reporting to construction managers, architects and clients
- Prepare quality reports assessing the quality of work done by the contractors/sub-contractors and advise the Company
- Identify defects and suggesting ways to correct them
- In collaboration with the site agent, ascertain the materials delivered on site meet the specifications and quality standards
- Checking that building regulations, health and safety, legal and ecological requirements are met. Familiarizing themselves with the legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
- Ensuring aspects of environmental, health and safety legislation are complied with and bring any shortfalls observed to the attention of the person(s) concerned.
- Advise the contractor about certain aspects of the work, particularly if something has gone wrong and notifying the company.
- Keep detailed records of various aspects of the work, develop in regular reports for the architect or engineer and the company management. Records include details of:
- Progress and any delays
- The number and type of workers employed
- details of any significant events including any serious deficiencies in health or safety performance observed while on site and keeping the occurrence book for any incidents/accidents on site and how they have been handled
- Keep watch of the company tools, equipment, plants to prevent loss, mis-use and proper and safe keeping.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness is maintained in the construction site.
- Coordinate/Supervise directly certain works undertaken by the Company
- Working between an office and construction sites.
- Other functions as may be assigned by the supervisor
Note: The clerk of works cannot give advice that could be interpreted as an instruction, particularly if this would lead to additional expense or change of design.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of diploma in the field of Building and Construction
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements with at least 5 years working experience in the construction industry in residential and commercial buildings.
- Hands on experience working as a foreman/mason
- Working computer skills
- Have a good working knowledge of good environmental management, health and safety safe working practices
- Have good spoken and written communication skills preferably a working knowledge of English
- Be physically fit and technically competent
- Be attentive to detail when checking work and materials
- Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
- Be able to establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractor/sub-contractors to ensure harmonious working relationship while maintaining independence
- Be persuasive and diplomatic while dealing with clients and marketing the company products
- Acting in a professional manner at all times including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site and when addressing the contractor’s employees, clients and other persons.
- Registration by NCA as a site supervisor will be an added advantage
Hours and environment:
- The working hours will be Monday to Saturday from 8 to 6pm (occasionally work may demand working outside the regular hours)
- This position will attract a starting gross monthly salary of Kshs 30,000 which will be reviewed following successful completion of a three months probation and company financial capability.
The post Construction Clerk at Cherd Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.