Construction Manager at GE Renewable Energy
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems. Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
Job Description Summary
The Construction Manager shall be responsible for monitoring of all site-based construction activities of various ACS projects under execution in SSA as per GE Quality, Construction & EHS Process and guidelines, provide critical construction cost related and other support to the bid management team for ACS tenders in the region and will be fully responsible for coordination with customer representatives to ensure client compliance & satisfaction as per the contract.
The position holder reports to the Region Construction Head
Network & Links
Internal: Project Management, Construction, EHS, Quality, Finance, Tendering, Procurement & HR functions
External: Local utility, Client, Contractors & Suppliers.
- Implementing, Monitoring, recording and reporting of the Health, Safety and Environmental performance of the project site as per GE EHS standards in collaboration with Site Construction Staff
- Assist Site Construction staff in implementing of GE Quality, Construction & EHS Process and guidelines
- Monitoring, recording and reporting of the contractor work progress along with Site construction teams
- Ensure that construction methods conform to contractual requirements, international standards and good industry practice
- Publish weekly progress reports and provide key inputs into Project monthly reports
- Work with the site teams to ensure Construction Quantity Tracking is implemented and followed at all work sites
- Carry out HSV’s & Quality Audits when visiting sites in consultation with EHS & Quality team
- Monitor key construction events, through sample inspection of these activities to check that the contractors are complying with the contract requirements and the contractors’ project Quality Plan
- Ensure proper Sub contractor management is implemented at work sites as per GE standards & norms
- Ensure local statutory requirements are followed & implemented at all work sites as per the legal requirement of the countries & as per contract
Skills / Qualifications
- An appropriate qualification in Electrical Engineering, degree level with around 15 years of work experience would be an advantageous but equivalent experience would also be considered
- Have appropriate health and safety experience, training and qualifications in line with international standards for roles of this nature to be able to identify and halt unsafe works
- Previous experience of undertaking the role of Construction Manager on a large EHV Substation Project. Construction experience in Sub-Saharan Africa would be an advantage but is not essential .
- Have previous experience in the installation and commissioning of key elements of the project including, but not limited to the following:
- High voltage switchgear (up to 400kV)
- Power transformers
- Instrument transformers
- Medium voltage switchgear
- Reactive compensation equipment
- Power and control cabling
- Protection systems
- SCADA systems
- Earthing systems
- Fibre optic cabling and systems
- Site telecoms systems
- LV power systems and auxiliary equipment including control and instrumentation
- Grid connection interface works
- Electrical HV safety rules & safe systems of work
- Civil works associated with the electrical installation, such as plinths etc
- Experience with stakeholder liaison.
- Be knowledgeable on international standards and ‘best practice’ in relation to construction
- Be knowledgeable on environmental legislation and good industry practice in relation to construction works
- Be knowledgeable on the key applicable standards and specifications associated with the civil and electrical works construction applicable for countries in the region
- Ability to be proactive and recommend and approve corrective actions if required
- Will be required to travel frequently across the region to various project sites
- Ability to work remotely but integrate with the GE’s wider team
- Ability to communicate effectively, and to accurately and concisely report both verbally and in writing. Proficiency in ENGLISH mandatory. However, additional proficiency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- IT proficiency, in particular, MS Word, MS Excel, or similar
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
The post Construction Manager at GE Renewable Energy appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.