Content Development Coordinator at FilmAid International
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world.
FilmAid Kenya is seeking a Content Development Coordinator to supervise audio content production to meet the information needs of refugees and host communities in Kakuma and Kalobeyei, Turkana County. DW Akademie and FilmAid Kenya collaborated, providing journalism training in the Kakuma refugee camp in 2016 and 2017. As a result of the successes and lessons learned previously and after a survey on the information needs in Kakuma and Turkana County in June 2019, a new project is that will improve access to information for refugees and host communities in northwestern Kenya, and foster dialogue between the two groups was designed. The conversations will be achieved in Radio Listener Groups using relevant audio content produced by highly skilled and motivated audio content producers from the refugee and host community. Communities served will dictator the issue important to them that, in turn, will inform the Content Generators thematic focus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure work plans, schemes of work, and reporting are accurate and promptly recorded and communicated.
- Develop Content Generators recruitment standards that are competitive, objective, and inclusive.
- In collaboration with Deutsche Welle Akademie, FilmAid and Visiting Teaching Consultants, develop training standards in audio production (i.e., scheme of work, curriculum, standardized assessments, course work, student records, attendance sheets, etc.).
- Facilitate the implementation of capacity building workshops for Content Generators delivered by Visiting Teaching Consultants.
- Maintain the high quality of the training program using evaluation tools that are industry standard.
- Ensure compliance with audio production standards and formats and high-quality, engaging content that responds to consumers/community’s information needs.
- Complying with participatory and collaborative approaches when implementing the project takes into consideration the needs of listeners, gender, child and adult safeguarding, and sound journalism ethics.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism
- Minimum four (4) years of progressively responsible professional work experience working for humanitarian media or in humanitarian settings OR Experience in managing media development projects.
- Ability to oversee creative productions in multiple languages and formats.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Creative Copyright issues.
- Highly developed communication skills. Excellent command of written and spoken English and Swahili language.
- Experience working within an international, multi-lingual environment. Ability to work well under pressure in demanding environments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Well organized, adaptable, with excellent planning, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Imaginative, creative, and artistic.
- Leadership, management, and supervision skills are desirable.
- The successful candidate has financial planning and management skills.
- The successful candidate should be committed to the code of conduct, child, adult safeguarding, and humanitarian principles.
The post Content Development Coordinator at FilmAid International appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.