Communication Skills Senior Lecturer Job, Current Teaching Kenya Jobs,
SCHOOL OF CO-OPERATIVES & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SCCD
A. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Senior Lecturer – CUK/AC/ADJ/SBE/DEE/SNRLECT/COMSKILLS/3/21(1)
- Applicants should hold a PhD in a relevant area and possess vast teaching experience both at undergraduate and postgraduate
- Applicants must possess a strong research portfolio and must have served as a Professor/ Associate Professor/ Senior Lecturer or equivalent in a university or institution recognized by the Senate of CUK.
- Industry experience will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities for academic positions:
- Teaching undergraduate students and or postgraduate (in writing good academic proposal and publications) and supervise students research;
- Preparing learning and teaching materials to enable better delivery of content and achievement of the objectives of the course;
- Delivering the course content to students through lectures ensuring that they follow the curriculum objectives;
- Evaluating the delivery models and make appropriate improvements to ensure quality teaching and learning;
- Setting, moderating, invigilating and marking exams in order to gauge the effectiveness of teaching and learning;
- Carrying out a needs assessment for curriculum; identify the content gaps in order to produce competent graduates;
- Developing and reviewing the curriculum and ensure that it complies with the Commission for University Education guidelines and that is relevant to the job market and the standing of the University;
- Carrying out research in their areas of specialization by writing grant proposals, publishing and disseminating research results to create and enhance knowledge;
- Disseminating research result through publications, conferences, workshops to make knowledge accessible to the public;
- Managing research grants and project, prepare budgets for the respective funds and ensure good and appropriate use of the same;
- Developing work plans and timelines to ensure the objectives of the research are well achieved;
- Preparation of reports as required by funding agencies g. financial reports and research output;
- Provision of consultancy services with key stakeholders in areas of expertise for improved social-economic development;
- Creating, maintaining and expanding linkages with both local and international through networking to improve individual and institutional visibility;
- Serving as an expert in local and international committees and panels ensuring appropriate dissemination of knowledge;
- Participation in the University open day, field day, an exhibition for the enhancements of the image of the University.
Remuneration will be based on scales for the position to which one is appointed and the workload assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit two (2) hard copies of the letter of application, certificates, national Identity Card/ Passport, testimonials and updated curriculum vitae to include full details of education, professional qualifications, working experience, publications, supervision of postgraduate students, funds raised, curricula developed, membership in professional bodies, present salary, name and addresses of three referees one of whom should be the present or previous employer;
- Clearly indicate the position and the reference number on the application letter and on the envelope which should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, FPA,
The Co-operative University of Kenya, P.O Box 24814-00502.
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya.
So as to be received on or before Thursday, 17th June, 2021 at 12 noon.