Corporate Services Director at Commission on Administrative Justice
The Commission on Administrative Justice, more commonly known as (Office of the Ombudsman), is a constitutional commission established under Article 59(4) of the Constitution, and the Commission on Administrative Justice Act, 2011. The mandate of the Office of the Ombudsman is two-fold and extends to both national and county governments. Firstly, the Commission has the mandate of tackling maladministration (improper administration) in the public sector. In this regard, the Commission is empowered to, among other things, investigate complaints of delay, abuse of power, unfair treatment, manifest injustice or discourtesy. Secondly, the Commission has the mandate of overseeing and enforcing the implementation of the Access to Information Act, 2016.
Reporting To: Commission Secretary/Ceo
Directorate: Corporate Services
Unit/Department: Corporate Services Job Grade: Caj 2
Terms Of Employment: 4 Year Contract
The Director, Corporate Services will be responsible to the Commission Secretary for strategic leadership in coordinating provision and administration of support services at the Commission, budgeting control, financial management and statutory reporting.
- Participate in the strategic development and policy formulation of the Commission
- Provide leadership and foster cooperation across all departments
- Oversee the effective management in provision of administrative, human resource, finance and ICT services
- Coordinate the development, review and implementation of administrative support, finance and accounts, human resource and ICT policies, strategies, procedures, and guidelines for the Commission’s effective performance;
- Ensure long term sustainability of the Commission through development and maintenance of long term financial
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation and submission for annual financial statements and budget
- Coordinate and prioritise Commission’s resources to achieve the strategic objectives and mandate of the Commission
- Foster and support a performance oriented culture that promotes team capability, professionalism and
- Ensure financial prudence and discipline for financial accounting, planning, budgeting and controls in compliance with the set Government guidelines and regulations;
- Maintain and update the Commission’s asset register;
- Coordinate provision of effective administrative support services such as security, office accommodation, records management, transport among others;
- Ensure compliance with legislative framework and timely statutory reporting on human resource, finance and ICT services;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to
For appointment to this grade, a candidate Must: –
- Have relevant experience in a managerial position for a minimum period of ten (10) years;
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Governance & Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Finance/ Accounting, related social sciences or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Business Administration, Commerce (Finance/Accounting), or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with a relevant professional body and be of good professional standing;
- Have a certificate in Governance and/or Strategic Leadership/Management from a recognized institution;
- Have high level knowledge in contemporary accounting practices and standards including budgets and reporting requirements
- Demonstrate experience in developing systems and processes that are compliant with government policies
- Be proficient in computer application skills;
- Have demonstrated professional, managerial and leadership competence as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
The post Corporate Services Director at Commission on Administrative Justice appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.