Country Manager Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya July 2020
Position: Country Manager
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living. We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
Are you passionate about growth, love goal setting and exceeding targets? We are looking for someone who is addicted to problem solving!
As Country Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management oversight in the business unit, drive growth of the gross merchandise value (GMV) and open new markets in line with the business strategy. You will also manage and mentor a team consisting of sales, finance and operations personnel as well as work collaboratively with product managers to continually improve the product offering.This role is open in Kenya and Uganda.
- Develop the business unit strategy in consultation with the Chief Commercial Officer in order to achieve business results.
- Oversee and undertake business development activities by actively pursuing and bringing on board strategic and credible business in order to maximise the company’s commercial success; GMV growth as per set targets
- Ensure Partner Operations and Sales balance optimally on Sendy’s platform (Supply = Demand); Oversee onboarding and retention of partners to safeguard the integrity of the company’s brand promise
- Oversee creation and strict adherence of process operating policies to safeguard and manage any potential risk exposure
- Liaise with the Product Manager for the business unit to prioritize and fast track product development and enhancements of the business unit in line with user requirements
- Manage account receivables activities of the business unit to ensure timely debt collection
- Collaborate with the VP Marketing to ensure brand consideration/awareness and conversion in the market
- Lead, hire, coach and motivate a business unit team to ensure high productivity and engagement in the business unit in order to delivery business results
- Prepare and ensure implementation of the business unit budget within approved limit
- Prepare and present the business unit’s performance reports on a monthly basis
- Identify and bring on board auxiliary services as an alternative revenue stream for the business unit
- Drive the delivery of A-class customer experience and retention
- Work closely with other Country Managers to share learnings and pain points
- 8+ eight years’ experience in commercial or business development with three years at management level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or any other business related fields; Masters or MBA strongly preferable
- Experience working at a startup would be an added advantage
- Are you a Hustler and have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking. You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solver: analytical mind that can navigate obstacles on the fly in a logical and rational way. Engage in precise data and details about the business
- Strategic: You’re an expert in building businesses. You appreciate the importance of the tiniest detail to deliver on the big vision; with P/L responsibility
- Connected: You always know the right person to speak with and come with a portfolio of companies that would benefit from Sendy’s innovative solution.
- Are you highly competitive and have a unique drive to win?
- Are you an experienced business leader that drives results through influence in others?
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication (written and verbal), and consulting skills
- Ability to influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization