Credit Controller at Elex Products Ltd
Elex Products was founded in the year 2002 and is mainly engaged in the design production and marketing of detergents and cleaning chemicals. Our company is in Nairobi Kenya, in modern production facilities along with the production plant.
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and reconcile the debtor ledger on a monthly basis and ensure payment of outstanding invoices. Ensure monthly dispatch of debtor statements.
- Handle debtor complaints, copy invoices, proof of delivery, credit notes and liaise internally.
- Organize and control the collection process by following the timelines set out in the Debt Collection procedures
- Ensure maximum debt collections are made as per monthly collection targets.
- Understand and interpret the measures that can be applied to speed up collections and implement the same when the need arises;
- Gain a good understanding of the information generated by the Accounts Team (statements, invoices/reports) to enable one to respond to queries from the client
- Liaise with the lawyers and follow up for progress on the cases and provide appropriate feedback to the management
- Report to Senior Accountant on outstanding debts by way of aged debtors listings periodically (as the case may be).
- Ensure compliance of the credit limits granted
- Ensuring periodic debtor’s reconciliation is carried out.
- Report weekly and monthly debt collections or as the case may be
- Ensure that the company’s credit policy is adhered to at all times.
- Oversee the trade debt collections and ensuring that the company credit policies are enforced and collections made on due dates.
- Maintain updated customer records – Invoices, credit notes and agreements
- You will be required to prepare exception reports highlighting customers who have violated the laid down credit policy
- Recommend outstanding accounts that are uncollectable for bad & doubtful debts provisioning.
- Maintain amicable customer relations with the company’s customers.
- Carry out any other assignments as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA K finalist
- FMCG sector knowledge with good understanding of business dynamics of the industry will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting including coordinating audit activities and credit handling.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management
The post Credit Controller at Elex Products Ltd appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.