Credit Controller at Haco Industries Kenya Limited
HACO Industries is the regions leading FMCG manufacturers,supplying wide range of products to the entire East African, COMESA and ECOWAS markets.
The Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring that extension of trade credit to customers is effectively managed, receivables are collected in a timely manner and customer statements are accurately updated and circulated to customers in a timely manner.
The Credit Controller reports to the Financial Controller.
Accounts Assistant – Debtors
Works internally directly with
- Sales team
- Invoicing team
- Customer service team
- HR team
- Ensure that customer accounts are set up in a timely manner and in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Regularly monitor customer accounts and ensure that credit limits are adhered to.
- Provide timely responses to the invoicing team to enable release of orders for invoicing.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly collection reports to the Financial Controller.
- Ensure that customer balances due are collected in a timely manner.
- Ensure that credit notes that need to be issued to customers are issued in a prompt manner.
- Ensure daily posting of transactions in customer accounts.
- Ensure that customer statements are sent out to customers every week.
- Perform quarterly review of credit limits and submit proposals to Financial Controller for review.
- Provide monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts delegated by the Financial Controller.
- Provide support to contracted debt collectors in pursuing old debts.
- Ensure customer disputes are resolved in a timely manner and in a way that builds strong customer relationships.
- Ensure that staff floats and advances are reconciled every month and amounts not accounted for within the laid down procedures are submitted to HR department for payroll deduction.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree
- CPA qualified or equivalent Accounting Qualification. CPA 2 may be considered if experience and other compensating skills are adequate.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Communication skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Analytical skills
The post Credit Controller at Haco Industries Kenya Limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.