Critical Care Nurse at Karen Hospital
- Responsible for the Critical Care Nursing provided within the Hospital on a 24-hour basis.
- Contact person for individuals, cooperate and medical insurance schemes at The Karen hospital.
- Ensuring quality standards, safety and continuous improvement of patient clinical outcomes in ICU.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity and inform the ICU Doctor on duty as is necessary.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
- ICU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation capacity of patient condition
- To practice at all times infection prevention practices as stipulated by the hospital protocols.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping in regards to patient care and good maintenance of the records.
- Communicating with a range of patients and their families, ensuring that clear and accurate information is included in the patients’ notes.
- Must have a Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
- Must have a minimum (5) year related ICU nursing experience
- Excellent proficiency in use of Computer
- Proficiency in reporting, typing and record keeping.
The post Critical Care Nurse at Karen Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.