Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy : System Analyst – Jobs in Kenya
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an independent, non-profit organization (NGO), founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights based approach, to secure the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes in fragile states throughout the developing world. The East Africa and Yemen region consists of programmes in seven countries including Somalia, Kenya, Yemen, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Uganda and Tanzania.
The Systems Administrator position would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems based on different department/countries.
He/She will be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures and to liaise with 3rd party application developers by creating ToRs and providing guidelines for online services development and deployments. These includes ERP, Regional Payroll system, Finance budgetary tool, SOMCDRS databases, M&E databases, in-house intranets and other online systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Specific responsibilities include: Programs Support
- Review and approve pushing of apps on the various mobile platforms
- Domain registration, hosting and renewals
- Support in mobile apps deployment in the various online stores
- Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Verify database and data integrity.
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
Secretariats Support (ReDDS, RMMS, IAWG)
- Assist in managing and outsourcing relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Review the technical development and maintenance work in terms of output, planning and budgeting in liaison with Regional manager and head of secretariat
- Advise on website security and encryption
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- In-house online Support
- Support in-house systems by performing IT audit in terms of security and compliance, trainings and liaison with 3rd party developers
- Develop and maintain both user and technical documentation for systems
- Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Administrate and update online subscriptions
- Engage users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Provide insights regarding usability and user experience,
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project
- Provides assistance and advice to DRC users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Other System Support:
- Utilize established development tools and systems, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test IT systems
- Enhance existing IT systems by analyzing business requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Support and facilitate ERP system roll out
- Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new technologies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be willing to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Set Targets, mentor, monitor and evaluate the performance of software developers
- Identify skill gaps within the team of developers and recommend the appropriate actions to the management
- Undertake additional task that will be allocated by the supervisor
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Perform data backups of all systems both on premise and clouds as scheduled and ensure data integrity
- Manage user accounts, permissions, firewalls and anti-virus, anti-spam
- Maintain confidentiality of the organizational information on the databases
- Implements adopted information technology plans, policies and standards, including a sound data standards and data security measures