Data Analysis Consultant | ReliefWeb
Data Analysis Consultant
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Sr. Regional Researcher, East Africa
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSIers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work
PSI seeks a Data Analysis Consultant to plan, implement, and document survey data for two PSI projects. For the first project, the consultant will implement data analysis in Stata for a large scale survey of retail outlets , including producing summary data tables and creating documentation including .do files that will allow for reproducible analysis.
For the second project, the consultant will work collaboratively with researchers to develop a data analysis plan, reviewing existing data and partial analyses from multiple rounds of household survey data, and execute the analysis in Stata. This will include creating detailed tables of study results, revising the analysis plan as needed, and documenting the final analysis to allow for reproducibility. The consultant will also draft plain text summaries of the major findings.
· Review existing datasets and Stata code in the context of the study designs
· Collaboratively define an analysis plan
· Rapidly implement the necessary analysis coding in Stata to accomplish the analysis plan
· Discuss preliminary findings, incorporate feedback from researchers, and revise as necessary
· Thoroughly document the analyses to ensure the data analysis is reproducible
What are we looking for?
· Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience analyzing data in Stata, including experience with diverse datasets.
· Documented experience creating reproducible analyses in Stata, including annotated .do files.
· Communication Skills: Strong communication skills including clear and concise technical writing and ability to communicate the major findings of an analysis in plain language.
· Credentials: A Bachelor’s degree in public health, economics, statistics, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Language: Fluency in written and spoken English;
What would get us excited:
· Advanced methods experience: Conversant in research designs such as difference-in-difference evaluation, experience with analyzing complex household survey data including applying survey weights, and/or experience with panel data analysis.
· Public Health Experience: Experience working on public health issues, including sexual and reproductive health, social marketing, malaria, or HIV.
· Experience with data visualization
· Must be authorized to work in Kenya. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
How to apply:
Status: Consultancy; 25 days of work across a 3 month period.
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than 18th November, 2019 to [email protected]. Subject: Data Analysis Consultant
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.