Database Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs May, Sheer Logic Jobs
Role Profile: Database Engineer
Develop and maintain the databases and data processing technologies that underpins the Inergy system, associated mobile apps, data warehouses and reporting systems across the Circle Gas Group
- Establish configure and maintain database instances within our AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure
- Create database structures (views, tables, indexes etc) required to support business systems
- Write and optimize database queries
- Establish and operate scripts to change database structure to meet evolving requirements and manage release through the development, test and production environments.
- Maintain database performance and security by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and delivery.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Manage data migration into new databases and archiving of historical data stores.
- Maintain database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Deliver platform upgrades and improvements
- Secure database by developing and implementing policies, procedures, and controls, and investigating security incidents.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 5 years of practical experience in:
- database management,
- database design,
- database reporting
- Ability presenting technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Verified knowledge and experience in one or more database systems including Amazon Aurora, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB, SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) a benefit
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in database management
- AWS qualifications an advantage.
How to Apply
Send your CV to [email protected] by 15th May 2020. Clearly indicate the subject line as “Database Engineer”