DCA Center Coordinators NGO Jobs in Kenya
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Youth Center Empowerment & Career Centre Coordinators – AjiraPoa! Project (2 positions). One position will be based in Nakuru County and one in Nyandarua County, with both and reporting to the Project Cordinator – Youth Empowerment – Ajira Poa! Project.
The main responsibilities of the Youth Empowerment & Career Centre Coordinators are:
- Drive the implementation of youth empowerment initiatives that enhance access to gainful and self-employment through training and accompaniment of trainees.
- Manage the day to day implementation of the project at the County Training/Engagement sites; this entails development of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, as well as monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects.
- Support in generation of timely and high-quality project progress reports as per DCA and donor requirements; as well as regular updates on project progress and suggested adaptations.
- Manage and facilitate DCA partnership building initiatives relevant to Project objectives at field level in close consultations with the Project Coordinator. This includes operational partnerships with either the County Government of Nakuru or Nyandarua, consortia partners, other relevant I/NGO’s, County Governments and – particularly – private sector actors
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Technical level education in business development, entrepreneurship, ICT or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical and demonstrable skills and hands on experience in youth empowerment projects including employment and job creation initiatives, financial inclusion work, agri-business support and organizational capacity development.
- Having graduated from a TVET institution or working within a TVET institution is an added advantage.
- Experience engaging with and bringing together different stakeholders – government, private sector and social enterprise – for strategic collaboration.
- Adaptable and flexible approach, with capacity to innovate and identify new opportunities to contribute to project outcomes.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
- Desirable: valid motorcycle license or willing to take lessons and obtain the same