Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Technical Advisor at Centre for Health Solutions
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
Reference number CHS/HR/DCOP/001/2020
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual for the position of a Deputy Chief Party/ Senior Technical Advisor.
Overall job function:
- Reporting to the Chief of Party, the incumbent shall be responsible for providing technical oversight of implementation activities, project management and liaison with the Ministry of Health, National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program, and other implementing partners.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure project services and performance are of the highest quality, responding to the specified deliverables and goals of the cooperative agreement, delivered in a timely manner, and in full support and compliance with the terms of the cooperative agreement.
- Oversee the implementation of program activities and provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
- Serve as a project liaison between CHS and NTLD-Program, and accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Development of project annual work plans and monitoring implementation to ensure achievement of measurable and impactful outcomes.
- Preparation of project quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports of the highest quality in order to showcase the achievements and key lessons from the project.
- Ensuring preparation of quarterly project newsletters for wide distribution to all key stakeholders.
- Assisting in program monitoring and evaluation and use of data to inform program planning and continuous quality improvement as needed.
- Support the work of the STOP TB Partnership-Kenya secretariat to ensure vibrant partnership.
- Coordination of technical officers to ensure program objectives and priorities are achieved and reported on.
- Support the NTLD-Program in the implementation of its Strategic Plan and development of new program strategies.
- Ensure uptake and implementation of management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement.
- Managing, providing technical oversight and supporting organisations receiving sub awards from TB ARC II.
- Support the operational research agenda of the project and organisation.
Qualification and skills required:
- Master’s Degree in public health or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience in large, health sector development programs that have implemented successful activities.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of TB, TB/HIV and DR TB.
- A clear track record in provision of technical assistance of similar complexity and magnitude.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level government of Kenya officials, USAID, NGOs, private sector, agencies and donor organisations.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of USAID program rules and regulations.
- Experience in managing sub awards is an added advantage.
The post Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Technical Advisor at Centre for Health Solutions appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.