Deputy Commissioner Jobs, Current HR Jobs, Ministry of Labour Jobs
Position: Deputy Commissioner for Labour
No of Positions: 5
Requirements for Appointment
- served as a Senior Assistant Commissioner for Labour or in a senior position in the field of Labour or its equivalent in the wider public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following discipIines:- Human Resource management/Development, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics; Labour Relations or Industrial Relations from a recognized institution;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management or Development/Planning, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, Labour and Development Studies, Public Administration, International Relations from a recognized institution; attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course from a recognized Institution;
- a Certificate in Prosecution Course lasting at least three (3) months from a recognized institution;
- a Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution; and
- professional competence and be conversant with labour administration, labour laws, and have a clear understanding of the labour policies programmes, objectives and strategies.
- guiding and supervising the preparation of papers on government policies, strategies and programs on labour administration;
- identifying opportunities in the labour market;
- developing strategic plans for the department;
- coordinating preparation of departmental budget estimates and analysis of financial returns
- providing consultancy and technical guidance on labour issues;
- collecting and providing information on government policies for labour
- promotion and development;
- providing training, consultancy and extension services on labour issues.
- referring disputes to the Industrial Court;
- co-ordinating Trade Union elections and maintaining records of elections; and
- vetting of Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure their consistency with the law.
How to apply