Deputy Commissioner – Trade Facilitation at Kenya Revenue Authority
Purpose of the job:
The Deputy Commissioner – Trade Facilitation will provide strategic leadership as well as formulating and implementing policies/strategies in the Trade Facilitation Division in accordance with the relevant legislative laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Oversee Trade Facilitation programmes and initiatives i.e. Authorized Economic Operator, Pre- Arrival Clearance program, Implementation of Mombasa Community Port Charter.
- Oversee management of Duty remission for the investment schemes and management of exemptions for qualifying importers.
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation of the schemes to prevent abuses.
- Oversee management of Execution and cancellation of Customs bonds.
- Oversee Taxpayer Education and stakeholders’ engagement function.
- Liaison with external stakeholders on matters relating to the Department in conjunction with Marketing and Communication Dept.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as business administration or economics from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years in a Senior Managerial role.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Strong managerial, administrative and leadership skills;
- Excellent decision making capabilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make evaluative judgment;
- Computer proficiency in the standard packages (word processing, e-mail and internet use);
- Demonstrate capability to drive performance and achievement;
- Effective interpersonal skills and delivery techniques to interact with, engage and inspire his/her team;
- Proactive and self-driven with a capability of building teams.
The post Deputy Commissioner – Trade Facilitation at Kenya Revenue Authority appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.