Deputy Director For Human Resource Management at Office Of The Attorney General
- Company: Office Of The Attorney General
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Deputy Director Human Resource Management responsibility will entail:-
Analyzing the human resource management structures and systems; determining and proposing methods/strategies of handling the human resource management function; initiating and developing human resource management policies including Rewards and Sanctions Policy; proposing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology; coordinating training and development of staff; researching on human resource best practices that will guide the development of human resource management policies, standards and regulations; managing labour relations; institutionalizing performance management including staff Performance Appraisal System; coordinating and monitoring human resource planning for different cadres in the institution; and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations. The Director shall also perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Director General.
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Director Human Resource Management if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has eight (8) years relevant work experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Senior Human Resource Officer or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Holds a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Public Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Holds a Masters degree in Human Resource/Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations/Public or Business Administration, or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Demonstrates professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the Human Resource and a thorough understanding of relevant emerging practices/techniques;
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives, and ability to transform them into Human Resource management policies and programmes;
- Is registered with a professional body/association
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should be sent or delivered to Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road or emailed at [email protected] on or before 3rd December, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
National identity card or passport;
Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 :
Kenya Revenue Authority;
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
Higher Education Loans Board;
Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
Directorate of Criminal Investigations.