Deputy Director, Human Resources at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
Ref Number: KUTRRH/DCSADDHR/289
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services & Administration, the Deputy Director – Human Resources’ job exists to coordinate and provide human resource management services.
- Oversee and ensure planning for all human resources required in the hospital in collaboration and coordination with other heads of sections and units of the hospital and thus contribute to its overall strategic
- Coordinate the implementation of the human resource management component of hospital strategic plan within the vision, mission and culture of the hospital and other national and international human resource management
- Coordinate and report on all the human resource issues in the
- Ensure and maintain an up-to-date hospital human resource register, staff contracts, and liaise with his/her supervisor to ensure a balanced staff placement in order to maintain optimal utilization of all human resources of the
- Ensure that the human resource section of the hospital has all human and non-human resources required to offer human resource management services in the
- Work in liaison with relevant departments to formulate human resource policies and procedures for the hospital within the framework of local and international labor laws and policies and communicate the same to all stakeholders in the
- Coordinate human resource processes of recruitment, placement and induction, compensation and maintenance, welfare, performance and reward management, disciplinary, and separation in the
- Initiate and coordinate disciplinary action and processes of hospital staff in collaboration with other sections’ and units’ heads in the hospital within the established HRM policies and
- Coordinate and provide human resource management services and service delivery in the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Supervise human resource management section staff to ensure they offer timely services within the expected
- Ensure and coordinate continuous staff training needs assessment and implement the appropriate training and development programmes for effective and efficient performance and
- Ensure and provide continuous staff motivation and inspiration through the appropriate performance and reward management programmes and practices in the hospital.
- Ensure attraction, retention and maintenance skilled, experienced and competent human resources in the hospital through, good leadership and sound human resource practices, and competitive salaries and remunerations within SRC recommended frameworks.
- Ensure and provide human resource advisory service to the hospital executive and other sections and units and other stakeholders through the appropriate
- Work with other sections’ and units’ heads and human resource management specialists to solve single or multiple problematic human resource management issue (s), whenever it arises in the
- Liaise with government agencies such as the Public Service Commission, Salaries and Remuneration Commission, the Industrial Court and COTU to ensure human resource management and relations compliance in the
- Oversee and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of progress and achievement of the human resource management section’s programmes, procedures, processes and services in the hospital, and prepare and disseminate periodic reports
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management or Social Sciences from a recognized
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management or any relevant and related qualification from a recognized
- At least 8 year’s working experience at a Senior Management level in Human Resource
- Leadership/Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Conversant with labour
- Registration with the Institute of Human Resource
- A valid practicing license will be an added advantage
- Experience in public service will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated professional competence and leadership
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Observation skills
- Listening skills
- Resilience and compassionate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of industrial and labour laws
- Knowledge of industrial/employment relations
- Psychological Counseling skills
The post Deputy Director, Human Resources at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.