Deputy Director Job. One Acre Fund
Deputy Director Jobs, Director Jobs in Kenya, One Acre Fund Jobs,
OAF is seeking an exceptional professional Deputy Director, Fundraising Team with 10+ years of experience to support day-to-day oversight and execution of the fundraising team by providing targeted support across the grant life cycle and managing high-value team-wide initiatives.
40% of your time:
- Day-to-day fundraising team oversight: Provide day-to-day oversight of key fundraising activities across the department, including:
- Prospecting: Work with team members to design and evaluate research projects – to analyze new geographies and markets, identify new donors, and unlock new network-building opportunities – to build our pipeline of future funding prospects.
- Proposal and report writing: Work with grant writing team to design compelling grant proposals and reports. While this role will not directly write grants, we are looking for a candidate with strong writing skills, and the proven ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear, simple, and inspiring way.
- Donor meetings and presentations: Work with senior fundraisers to ensure thoughtful and strategic donor interactions, via meeting prep advice, talking point review, and presentation review.
- Portfolio analysis and strategy: Work with Head of Fundraising to evaluate and prioritize growing pipeline of new funding opportunities, and design strategies for pursuing.
20% of time: Fundraising Origination:
- Independently build a pipeline of fundraising opportunities, from foundations, governments, and individuals across the globe. Leverage this pipeline to steadily build own fundraising portfolio, and/or to open up funding opportunities for other senior fundraisers on the team. Directly contribute to the department’s annual fundraising goals.
20% of time: Team-Wide Initiatives
- Design and execute high-value team-wide initiatives in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising, including annual budgeting, team hiring, managing and reviewing team-wide systems/structures, and pushing forward key process innovations and improvements.
20% of time: Strategic Input
- At the Fundraising Team level – Design and manage the Fundraising department’s annual OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), working through and with other leaders on the team. Additionally, contribute to the long-term fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising, the CEO, and senior fundraisers on the team.
- At the Org-Wide level – Work with senior leadership across the organization, on partnership design, resource allocation, and fundraising-field team collaboration.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
The ideal candidate will have robust senior leadership experience, with 10+ years of relevant background in fundraising and people management. They should be able to demonstrate a track record of fundraising success and the ability to deliver through others.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Likely holds an undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, communications, business, and/or international development/policy subjects;
- Speaks the language of business and non-profits/social enterprises. Our donors are looking for someone with business fluency (can communicate financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar, etc.).
- 10+ years of relevant background in fundraising/ business development and people and team management.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in international development or the social sector more broadly.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRMs/donor databases a plus.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- Strong interpersonal skills and people-orientation. We are seeking someone who wants to spend their day collaborating across a large team.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSORED INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in East Africa.
How To Apply