Design Manager at Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group.Today, the Safal Group manufactures in 10 African countries and sells and markets its building solutions across the continent.
- Qualification: Bachelors of Engineering / Masters in Engineering (Civil/ Structural)
- Experience: Minimum 10 years in the design of steel buildings conforming to various international codes. Pre Engineered Building along with Light Gauge Frame Structure will be an added advantage.
- He/she should have led a design team consisting of Estimators, Design Engineers/Detailers.
- Design software proficiency: STAAD Pro (Mandatory), MBS and Frame CAD (Desirable)
Key Performance Areas:
- Approve the design & development of all engineering changes to design software.
- Ensure that our systems are user friendly and idiot proof for use by our channels.
- Test & confirm that design & engineering systems are robust & meet required codes & the needs of our channel partners & business.
- Recommend new product lines & solutions for target markets.
- Work within the business to ensure that channel partners are adequately trained & that the supply chain is optimized for 100% IFOT delivery of solutions.
- Develop departmental KPIs around like Material efficiency (Kg/m2 or $/m2), design efficiency (mins/design, designs/day), design errors (% of order) & capture rate (% of quotes) as required. Set up systems to track KPIs & suggest plans for improvement
- Be the “Go to person” for the business for complex solutions.
- Engage with the local specifier community (Eng, Arch, QS etc) to get acceptance & accreditation of the companies chosen design philosophy, products & solutions.
- Be the certified engineer of record for all designs or develop a system that delivers this functionality.
The post Design Manager at Safal Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.