DevOps Full Stack Engineer Contractor at Safaricom
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following Contractual Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the DIT Operations Manager, the position holder will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, security and capacity planning.
- Building software to help operations and support teams. This entails proactively building and implementing services, including end to ed monitoring, scripting and automation, modern tooling and maintenance software
- Providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management
- Creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome
- Estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce “just enough” design, and ensuring that enough technical documentation and training is provided for reference and operational support
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge and constant upkeep of the playbooks and runbooks to ensure teams get the information they need right when they need it.
- Managing technical debt as part of daily activities
- Developing and executing automation scripts and maintenance jobs
- Conducting peer reviews and maintaining coding standards
- Managing incidents as level two and level three support
- Managing problems as level two and level three support
- Estimating user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
- Designing modules according to user stories, UX/UI designs, and technical stories
- Developing solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
- Developing and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Reviewing design and architecture to guarantee service availability, performance and resilience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
- Three to five years of work experience in programming and /or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles
- Experience working in cloud-native environments
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry preferred
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) preferred
- Competency in UX/UI principles and practices preferred
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS ON CONTACT BASIS WHICH WILL RUN FOR ONE YEAR.
The post DevOps Full Stack Engineer Contractor at Safaricom appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.