Digital Learning Specialist at Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams.
Job Purpose – The Digital Learning Specialist is responsible for leading the technical construction, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of digital learning delivered through the Equity Academy platform.
Job Level – Manager
Reports to – GM – Learning & Talent Development
- Management of the learning platform including curation of content, update of training materials, updating the e-library, refreshing look and feel of the system, enhancing user experience on the platform
- Lead the construction of new online courses, working with a cross-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the upkeep, review and refresh of existing online courses and related content
- Perform technical maintenance and troubleshooting of course content and the LMS
- Support the development and delivery of hybrid in-person and online training programmes
- Develop and implement innovative ways of evaluating knowledge transfer to learners
- Implement reporting mechanisms that evaluate the uptake, output, and outcomes of digital learning in Equity
- Collaborate on surveying the needs from learners and sharing this feedback to be actioned as appropriate
- Analyse course enrolments and completion rates and implement strategies to increase both and monitor for learners’ progress and utilization including campaigns, tessers, bit sized learning
- Act as Tier 1 support for learners needing support to access or complete courses
- Be responsible for the LMS platform and vendor relationship, maintaining awareness of the marketplace and new/emerging platforms.
- Contribute on emerging design, development and implementation strategies and tactics for digital learning.
Desired attributes, qualifications, skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, communications, instructional design or information and communications technologies
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Learning Management System platforms as a developer or administrator (and ideally a combination of both), including end-user support
- Experience with variety of course development software such as HTML, image, audio, and video editing
- Knowledge of and experience with variety of e-learning content standards (e.g. SCORM)
- Experience working in the financial industry will be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong organizational & planning skills with keen attention to detail: ability to handle multiple tasks and details efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and exercise independent judgement regarding operational decisions, processes, or systems.
The post Digital Learning Specialist at Equity Bank Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.