Digital Marketing Director at eLengo
eLengo is a fast-growing social enterprise that provides online agriculture training and extension services to agri-preneurs across Sub-Saharan Africa. We currently have over 20,000 students but get ready, these numbers will grow significantly in 2021! eLengo now offers nearly 30 online farming courses in six African countries and will be launching both a marketplace and white label learning system in early 2021. Creating a social impact is at the heart of eLengo. All of our hard work revolves around our theory of change: To create economic empowerment opportunities and improve the livelihoods of our online agriculture community and students
Are CREATIVE and ANALYTICAL two words that describe you best? If so, keep reading!
eLengo is looking for a full-time employee to lead our digital advertising and SEO (search engine optimization) efforts.
The candidate must be located in Kenya and be comfortable working remotely. The position will begin as a 3-month contract starting in February 2021 and will be extended if there is a mutual fit.
IMPORTANT Only applicants that complete the application form on https://jobs.elengo.co will be considered.
Roles & Responsibilities
SEO & Content (40% of your time)
- Objective: Fully optimize our website rankings and increase the flow of quality organic traffic.
- Optimize the copy and structure of all our course landing pages for SEO and develop/implement a backlink building strategy.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities.
- Implement content curation initiatives for organic SEO success. Including but not limited to blogging, influencer marketing, newsletters etc.
- Manage weekly posts on social media, blogging platforms and our community newsletter.
Paid Media (35% of your time)
- Objective: Develop and optimize marketing funnels to ensure a positive and growing return on ad spend.
- Lead the development of compelling ad copy and creative for ongoing paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Google.
- Assist in graphic design and branding efforts for all pictures and videos used.
- Continually optimize core paid search & paid social campaigns, including keyword strategy, ad copy, bid prices, cost per conversion, cost per click, audience optimization, etc.
- Actively measure and execute A/B split testing for ad copy, landing pages, funnels, etc., to ensure optimal campaign performance.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in paid search & paid social advertising.
Analytics & Tracking (15% of your time)
- Set up conversion tracking/ retargeting pixels and ensure that all tracking is working effectively.
- Organize and Analyze data on Google and Facebook Analytics to guide ongoing campaigns and optimize our websites/funnels
- Compile monthly paid media performance reports with personal analysis and recommendations based on campaign performance
Other Projects (10% of your time)
- We are always working on new and exciting projects and may need you to roll up your sleeves and dive in.
- Expect this role to continue to grow and adapt to the needs of the company.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in digital marketing.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A degree or certificate in business administration or digital marketing.
- A good understanding of the agriculture industry in Africa and it’s potential.
- Proven SEO experience with knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- In-depth working experience with Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Analytics and conversion tracking. Ideally, you have managed accounts spending tens of thousands of dollars across international markets.
- Certifications In Google Adwords, Google Analytics and Facebook Blueprint.
- Proficient in the use of G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive) and Slack or other team communication platforms.
- Experience designing and optimizing eCommerce funnels.
- Managed social media accounts, developed blog posts and curated high-quality content.
Does this describe you?
- Analytical You love testing, digging into the numbers, and making data-driven decisions.
- Creative You are an expert storyteller and can effectively create clear and concise messaging.
- Organized You can manage dozens of tasks and prioritize what is most important to accomplish.
- A Team Player You can work effectively both within a team environment and individually. You can handle stressful situations, achieving exceptional results in the end.
- A Fast Learner You are hungry to tackle new projects and expand your knowledge. You execute, make mistakes, learn and iterate to always be improving.
- An Excellent Communicator You know how to keep everyone updated and get your message across clearly and to the point.
- Innovative You look at a problem and think outside the box to find a solution. You strive to make the systems around you more efficient and adaptive to scale.
- Technically savvy You are competent with computer systems and are confident you can work effectively online (95% of your role will be on the computer).
- Passionate You want to work hard every day to provide for yourself and make this world a better place.
- Balanced You know how to manage your time effectively with passions outside of work.
Compensation & Benefits
You will work remotely from the comfort of your home office as long as you have access to a computer and high-quality internet.
Compensation will be competitive and based on your qualifications/experience.
You can expect to make friends within our small team, be accepted for who you are and be challenged to expand your perspective on life.
We encourage our team to take time off to rest and recharge. You can only do quality work when your mind is sharp!
If you are the right fit, there will be lots of growth opportunities.
This role will begin in February, with first-round interviews starting in early 2021.
eLengo is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
The post Digital Marketing Director at eLengo appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.