Director, Finance and Administration at National Biosafety Authority
The National Biosafety Authority (NBA) is a state corporation in Kenya mandated to ensure safety to human and animal health and provide adequate protection of the environment from harmful effects that may result from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The Authority was established pursuant to the provisions of the Biosafety Act No. 2, 2009 to regulate all activities involving GMOs in food, feed, research, industry, trade and environmental release and it fulfils its mandate by ensuring and assuring safe development, transfer, handling and use of GMOs in Kenya.
The job holder is responsible for heading the Finance and Administration Division and oversees roles that provide enabling support to the organization’s core functions.
The duties and responsibilities at this level includes;
- Formulates and implements Financial, Planning, ICT, Human Resources and Administration policies, procedures and strategies
- Designs, implements, monitors and supervise internal financial control measures and systems to safeguard the property and assets of the authority.
- Prepares core budget and providing technical support/advice to the line managers.
- Ensures timely preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Advises the Board of Management and Management on matters relating to Finance, Planning, Information Communication Technology (ICT), Human Resources and Administration
- Ensures the authority performs to the requirements of state corporations act as well as international accounting standards.
- Ensures Effective financial mobilization and management including exercising expenditure control.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- At least Twelve (12) years’ experience, five (5) of which must be in a senior management level in the public or private sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance Option)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution
- Member of a professional Body in good standing (where applicable)
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strategic leadership skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Results orientated
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- High level of Integrity
The post Director, Finance and Administration at National Biosafety Authority appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.