Director of Internal Audit Job. Embu County
Internal Audit Director Jobs, Internal Audit Jobs, Audit Jobs, Embu County Government Jobs
DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT, JOB GROUP ‘R’ 1 POSITION (CPSB 51/19)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Management of Internal Audit services;
- Formulating and implementing internal audit policies, strategies and procedures;
- Advising the county on internal audit matters;
- Reviewing of audit plans, programs and audit files;
- Reviewing the systems of internal control developed by management and advising on their adequacy and compliance;
- Advising management on cost control and revenue improvement;
- Coordinating investigations and special audits within the County Government;
- Coordinating the preparation of management reports in accordance with the PFM Act, 2012;
- Overseeing capacity building on internal controls for the county;
- Liaising with accounting officers on matters related to audit function, funding and recommendations of audit committee;
- Reviewing and verifying budgets, financial statements, fund accounts and other statements prepared by the accounting officers;
- Advising on compliance by the county and / or its entities with the PFM Act 2012, County Governments Act 2012, Public Procurement` and Disposals Act and any other relevant law; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by a competent authority.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be in possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and in good standing;
- Have at least twelve (12) years relevant professional experience in Financial Accounting/ Audit, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector
How to Apply
All applicants are requested to download an application form and a detailed document containing requirements relevant to the positions advertised from Embu County website:-www.embu.go.ke
Candidates should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Clearance from KRA, EACC, HELB, CRB and Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 3rd December, 2019.
EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871- 60100,
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application.
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification