Director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance at Council of Governors
The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter – county consultations;
Overall purpose of the job
Reporting to the Council Secretary/Chief Executive Officer. Under direction and supervision of the Secretary/Chief Executive Office, the Officer shall be responsible for implementing the legal Education regulatory framework, develop standards for accrediting legal education providers, curricular and modes of instruction, quality and modes of examination, harmonization of Legal Education and monitoring and evaluation of Legal Education providers.
- Develop and implement a framework for quality assurance, compliance and licensing;
- Coordinate the development of standards for legal education and training in Kenya;
- Oversee the implementation of a transparent system of accrediting legal education providers in Kenya;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a framework for recognition and approval of foreign legal qualifications in law in Kenya;
- Develop an information-based monitoring system to set standards by legal education providers;
- Oversee the development of appropriate training programmes for legal training providers;
- Implement an efficient delivery of licensing and certification services for legal education providers;
- Organize the development of a framework for harmonization of legal education and training in Kenya;
- Oversee the development of a framework for recognition/approval of ODEL programs;
- Maintain a register of licensed institutions in Kenya;
- Provide technical support in the research of legal education and training in Kenya and approving research proposals;
- Providing custody for approved academic programmes;
- Directing the writing of technical/full inspections and prepare reports;
- Coordinating the evaluation of institutional (self-evaluation) reports; and
- Advice Council on matters relating to Legal Education and training in Kenya.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Law or any other Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Ph.D. in a relevant area of professional qualifications in a relevant area will be an added advantage;
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which must be in a position of management;
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications and
- Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
308,000 x 28,160 – 336,160 x 28,160 – 364,320 x 28,160 – 392,480 x 28,160 – 420,640 x 28,160 – 448,800 per month
HOUSE ALLOWANCE: Kshs. 60,000
COMMUTTER ALLOWANCE: Kshs. 14,000
The director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance shall hold the office for a term of four(4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The post Director, Quality Assurance, Licensing and Compliance at Council of Governors appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.