Director Water & Sanitation at Vihiga County Public Service Board
Vihiga County whose headquarters is in Mbale is Located in the Western Region of Kenya. It boarders Nandi to the East, Kisumu County to the South, Siaya County to the West and KAKAMEGA County to the North. It is one of the four Counties in the former Western Province.
REF. NO. 01 DIRECTOR WATER & SANITATION-
JOB GROUP “R”
Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Director will be responsible for the following;
- Developing, Implementing and Evaluating strategic plans, programs and projects in collaboration with other Departments and stakeholders.
- Preparing professional and quality standards for construction of Water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
- Overseeing the construction of Water and Sewerage works undertaken directly or by contractors.
- Planning and supervising the programs and activities.
- Organizing, directing, controlling and the co-coordinating the functions of the department.
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in the department in line with the County goals and objectives.
- Developing appropriate County departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the Division.
- Handling administrative, Human Resource and asset management issues.
- Overseeing preparation of annual work plan and financial budgets. Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures.
- Co-coordinating production, documentation, and dissemination of the relevant division’s information.
- Providing advice and guidance in recruiting, hiring and staff development.
- Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Officer.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Water engineering or Civil Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized university in Kenya
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya as an Engineer.
- Have current valid annual Practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Be a member of the institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than seven (7) years in a senior Public Service or the Private sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree in professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate general administrative ability required for direction, control, and implementation of water and sewerage engineering programs and projects;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County Development objectives and vision 2030.
- Be conversant with Policy formulation and implementation
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
Method of Application
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 4th August, 2020 at 5pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN
ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- Attach your ID card , Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application form
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority.
The post Director Water & Sanitation at Vihiga County Public Service Board appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.