Dispatch Coordinator at Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group.Today, the Safal Group manufactures in 10 African countries and sells and markets its building solutions across the continent.
MRM Mariakani is seeking to recruit a suitable individual to works as a Dispatch Coordinator in our Supply Chain Department. The position reports to the Supply Chain Officer.
Overall Purpose of the Position
Responsible for efficient planning and coordination of logistics related to exports and upcountry dispatches, maintaining proper documentation and ensuring compliance to all our operational procedures on material dispatch.
- Ensuring that sales orders are accurately processed in the system according to customer or Sales Manager instructions.
- Ensuring prompt issuance of pro forma invoice as per our procedures.
- Coordinating with production planning team to ensure timely readiness and delivery of orders.
- Coordinating payment terms in collaboration with the Sales and Finance departments.
- Coordinating with transporters to provide trucks for loading ready material.
- Generating Delivery Notes, Gate Passes, Loading Slips, and Invoices as per the STOs quantity / requested requirement from customer in SAP.
- Tracking of orders until they are delivered to customers.
- Ensuring accuracy of shipping documents.
- Liaising with the clearing agent for border clearance and truck exit.
- Ensuring proper record keeping of all shipping documents for audit purposes.
- Reporting daily circulation of Local and Export order dispatches.
- Liasing with line managers for any special dispatch requirements.
- Proactively addressing and resolving any dispatch issues that arise.
- Degree in Business Management
- Post-graduate certification in Logistics/ Transportation/ Supplies Management will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar work environment.
- Experience with ERP programs preferably SAP
- Proficiency in MS Office applications especially MS Excel and MS Word programs.
The post Dispatch Coordinator at Safal Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.