Driver at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
To provide all vital safe driving and fleet management in support to the field project activities in West Pokot field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply Chain Vehicle and Equipment requirements as per the Manual.
- IRC Drivers are responsible for ;
- The safe transportation of IRC personnel and materials.
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
- Accurate filling and on vehicles onboard documentation.
Safety and Security
- Ensure staff operate in a safe and secure working environment.
- Make sure IRC vehicle(s) assigned to you have all the safety requirements for movement.
- To ensure that there are fully stocked First Aid Kits available in all IRC Vehicles.
- To ensure regular security check before authorizing any movement out of the field.
Key Result Areas
- Adhering closely to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks, accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Keeping vehicles cleaned, fuelled and mechanically maintained.
- Checking and maintaining all vehicle accessories advising the Transport Officer of any defects or problems.
- Updating vehicles on board tools, equipment including, jacks, spare wheels, wheel spanners, stereo, VHF/HF radios.
- O level of education
- Valid driving license
- Written and spoken English
- Pass score on IRC driving test
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Two years work as a professional driver
- No road safety-related fines or convictions
- Detailed knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Proficient in spoken and written English, and basic numeracy.
- Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work independently.
The post Driver at International Rescue Committee appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.