Warehouse Driver Job, Current Driver Jobs In Kenya,
Job title:Warehouse Driver
Type of Contract: Permanent
To provide support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities of transporting orders over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles; loading and unloading orders.
1.1 Delivery Management
- Deliver orders to assigned clients on a scheduled regular route, on time and as per schedule.
- Load and unload delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving client goods and/or filling orders for transport.
- Gather feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints.
- Interact with clients in a manner that encourages repeat business.
- Drive vehicles (e.g. truck, pick up, forklift) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
- Drive safely and courteously.
- Perform daily delivery vehicle inspection.
- Operate material handling equipment with proper training.
- Accurately pick client orders and ensure it’s packed in a manner that avoids damage.
- Operate powered vehicle (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers etc.) in a safe manner.
- Staff transport in the morning and evening.
1.3 Vehicle Maintenance
- Ensure the company trucks and pick up are well maintained (e.g.checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Ensure minor repairs are done and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate steps are taken in case of involvement in an accident or any other traffic related offences/incidents.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required.
- Ensure the vehicles are well serviced and in good condition to perform duties satisfactorily.
- Maintain regular checks on the vehicles and report malfunctions as soon as possible to the Senior Logistics and Warehouse Manager
1.4 Warehouse Department Support
- Assist in general housekeeping of warehouse and display area.
- Support in all functions within the scope of the warehouse for the purpose of providing warehousing operations.
- Follow warehouse regulations and safety standard.
1.5 Recording Keeping
- Maintain records by logging all trips, daily mileage, oil changes, greasing for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable information.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested.
- Diploma /Secondary School Education Certificate.
- Forklift Truck Certification and License.
- BCE Driving License.
- PSV license a must.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent in both written and oral communication
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Attention/Keen to detail.
- Excellent knowledge Nairobi and It’s environ roads as well as Knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV with the subject,Driver to [email protected] by 26th July, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.