KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-014-11-2020,
Reports to: Administrator,
Duration: 7 Months
- O-Level School Certificate.
- Valid Driving License class BCE
- Current Certificate of Good conduct
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the study design and objectives to assist in the successful implementation of the study
- Safely driving the vehicles as assigned
- Ensuring compliance to the road traffic act
- Carrying out daily routine checks on the vehicle before driving out
- Ensuring maximum security of vehicle and its accessories under his/her charge
- Ensuring safety of passengers and cargo under his/her charge
- Monitoring condition and performance of vehicle and promptly reporting to supervisors
- Carrying out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicle, and maintaining their cleanliness
- Taking vehicle for servicing and repairs as directed by the supervisors
- Maintaining a transport log for the vehicle
- Ensuring that the vehicle is used only for study related purposes
- Updating the Transport officer on any incidents or accidents involving the vehicle on the same day
- Picking up and dropping off the study visitors
- Submitting reports on vehicle movements and mechanical conditions as requested.
Other required skills
- First Aid at Work Certificate from St. Johns Ambulance /Red cross( Mandatory)
- Certificate of Defensive Driving Course will be added advantage.
- At least Three years proven experience as a driver on highways
- Basic Automotive Mechanical skills and sound knowledge about vehicles/ Suitability test certificate from Ministry of Roads and public works
- Ability to provide quick solutions to problems.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good time management
- Capable of working for long hours, weekends and sometimes at odd situations
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; [email protected]
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.