Drivers Job Kenya Veterinary Board(6 Posts)
Driver Jobs 2021,
Kenya Veterinary Board is a State Corporation established under the Veterinary Surgeon and Veterinary Paraprofessionals (VSVP) Act No.29 of 2011.
The Board is mandated to exercise general supervision and control over the training, business, practice and employment of Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Paraprofessionals in Kenya and advice the Government in all aspects thereof.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions.
Job title: Drivers
Job grade: Equivalent to Job Group CSG 14 in the Civil Service
No of posts: 6
Terms of service: 2-year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
The monthly remuneration will include Kshs -Basic salary: 18,270, House
allowance: as per region of deployment, Commuter allowance: 4,000
This is the entry grade for this cadre an officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
- Driving vehicles and detecting common mechanical faults;
- Carrying out minor repairs;
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring safety of the vehicle on and off the road; ensuring safety of passengers and goods; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the assigned vehicle
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D plus (D+) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from a recognized institution;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
- Minimum period of four (4) years active driving experience; and
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meets the above qualifications should submit their applications through the above email address [email protected]
The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Veterinary Board
PO Box 513-00605
On or before 15th January 2021 not later than 5.00pm (East African time).
Kenya Veterinary Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on fair competition and merit representation of Kenya Diverse Communities and according equal employment opportunities to men, women and members of all ethnic groups. The marginalized, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Ethics and integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting clearance/compliance certificates from the following organization during interview.
- Kenya Revenue Authority KRA)
- Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates during interviews. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please quote the Advert Ref: No on the envelope/email when applying.