D&T Lead Business Analyst at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our ambition is to be the digital leader in our industry and the D&T Product Owners play a crucial role in making this a reality, in partnership with our key stakeholders from business teams.
Lead BA role has a key part to play in this agenda and for effective impact in Diageo globally, the role has been designed to focus on both functional and global deliverables.
Lead BA will focus in driving competitive advantage for Diageo markets through focus on customer and consumer, enabling outstanding planning capabilities; expand margins through enabling continuous reduction of COGs, influence reliable, accurate, standard and cost effective business services, and participate in enabling our people become as effective as possible, collaborate efficiently and access information easily.
This role will have a degree of financial responsibility for identifying (in conjunction with other parts of D&T and the project team) all D&T spend associated with any analysis or requirements within process and data areas.
The role will support any or a combination of the following areas:
- One Plan
- Financial Controllership
- Corporate Finance
- Supply & Demand Planning
- Budgeting process (overheads, etc)
This role will also support projects initiation and execution with key focus on requirement gathering and documentation and solution’s delivery. Projects will be as the project pipeline, Process Improvement, M&A, etc.
- This role is accountable for Solution Delivery and Business Process Services Delivery/Optimization for the E2E planning capabilities in Diageo globally. Markets can include owned subsidiaries, JV’s and/or third party distributors, with both Demand and Supply operations.
- It is a Global role covering all markets. The role will manage the Digital & Technology Transform E2E Planning Consumer and Customer Planning agenda with Regional & Market Leadership Teams and subject matter experts across the organization.
- D&T relationship management success will be critically dependent upon successful joined up Region and Function planning – and subsequently the ownership of stakeholder relationships from the Plan, Transform, Run and A&I teams
- Be yourself, stand up for what you feel is right and important
- Build great relationships with those you work with, both internally and externally
- Be honest and open at all times; demonstrate high integrity
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities
- Generate ideas and move them to action
- Be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business
Consistently deliver great performance
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Be clear about your own performance commitments ensure they are linked to business goals.
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standard in everything you do
Understand the controls and governance required in your area. Work within these and always speak up if they are not met
Purpose of Role
- The purpose of this role is to support the Business Partner by leading the areas of process, information and data analysis within the assigned functional area(s). The post holder is to become a subject matter expert in their process area(s) bringing competitive and industry best practise analysis and provide recommendation for specific investment.
- The role will also drive metrics in their domain process as well as lead and implement projects in their domain with tangible delivery of benefits. They will be responsible for leading and supporting business case generation, analysis, design, QA of Build and PT, User acceptance and benefits realisation. The role is also responsible for raising the capability levels in their domain areas for super users and service delivery leads.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business and project team in a lead engagement role. Ensure stakeholder engagement and project scope definition is outcome focused with a strong business and benefits case always being the prerequisite to any project mobilizatio
Supervision and delivery of:
- Business Case Definition – identification of target areas for business improvement. Work with Business Partner to build a submit a benefits focused business cases for evaluation prior to any project start Process definition and governance and translation to system requirements – Identify and document market requirements, information and data gaps to enable solutioning and system configuration System governance – Ensuring that we design and deliver solutions that are in line with GDBS Enterprise Architecture and technical roadmaps Solution Knowledge – ensures support team(s) builds effective knowledge of all solutions delivered to enable internal ongoing BAU capabilities UAT & Training – Support as appropriate on UAT in market and with delivering train the trainer sessions Project Delivery – be agile custodian and drive projects with agile mindset. Support a product owner by helping to analysis of the business domain, stocking the product backlog, and grooming the product backlog. Performs or provides coaching to the team during an iteration, include facilitating collaboration, generating examples, transferring knowledge, and being a good team member. Be responsible for the process, information and data work streams on projects, including interfacing with the business
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Deep Planning Process Orientation and Knowledge
- Specific Experience and credibility in given global process area / function
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
Levels of responsibilities guidance in line with the SFIA framework for a L5 Service Leader
D&T used SFIA as our Functional capability framework. For more details on this industry standard framework, go to www.SFIA.org.uk
(Key skills are marked with an asterisk)
Benefits management (BENM) * 5
Business analysis (BUAN) * 5
Business Process Improvement (BPRE) * 5
Business process testing (BPTS) * 5
Organisation design and implementation (ORDI) * 5
Change implementation planning and management (CIPM) 5
Project management (PRMG) 4
Stakeholder relationship management (RLMT) 5
Supplier relationship management (SURE) 4
Barriers to Success in Role
- Poor engagement / communication skills in dealing with stakeholders
- Inability to work across cultures / geographies
- Unable to manage multiple concurrent activities and deadlines
- Dislike or discomfort with detail
- Low resilience and inability to operate in a fast moving and often pressurised environment
- Lack of insight and commercial instinct
- Inability to strike the right balance to align global and local requirements
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognise, may require a greater level of mobility and travel.
For this role we anticipate rare needs for travel (up to 20%, COVID impacts Diageo T&E currently), however, configuration of project portfolios and locations of key stakeholders mean that not everyone may be required to travel to deliver projects. Pattern of travel will be dependent on the needs of the project, region / process areas and pipeline of work.
The post D&T Lead Business Analyst at Diageo appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.