EACC Ethics & Leadership Director Job September
Ethics & Leadership Director Job, Current Director Jobs Kenya,
DIRECTOR – ETHICS AND LEADERSHIP, JOB GRADE – EACC “3” (1 POST), REF: EACC/EL/D,EL/1
Reporting to the Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer, the job holder is responsible for the provision of leadership, implementation of strategies, policies and procedures in the promotion and enforcement of integrity and ethical conduct among state/ public officers as provided for under Chapter Six of the Constitution, Leadership and the Integrity Act 2012 and Public Officer Ethics Act, 2003. This position is also responsible for overseeing investigations/ verification on ethical breaches, development of codes of conduct, declaration of income assets and liability, undertaking integrity verification (vetting) for appointment to public office and review of policies and legislation on promotion of ethical standards in the public sector.
- Overseeing implementation of the Strategic Plan on ethics promotion and enforcement in the public sector under Chapter Six of the Constitution, Leadership and Integrity Act, 2012 and the Public Officer Ethics Act, 2003;
- Overseeing formulation, development and review of policies, regulations and guidelines on ethics legislation;
- Coordinating the formulation, development and implementation of ethics and integrity programmes;
- Overseeing investigations/ verification of reports on ethical breaches by State/ public officers;
- Overseeing development, approvals and implementation of code of conduct for State/ public officers;
- Coordinating approvals for opening and or operation of bank accounts held outside Kenya by State/ public officers;
- Overseeing implementation of declaration of income, assets and liabilities (DIALs) by Responsible Commissions;
- Overseeing initiation of petitions on enforcement of Chapter Six of the Constitution and Leadership and Integrity Act;
- Overseeing implementation of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) requests;
- Overseeing provision of advisories under Chapter Six of the Constitution and Leadership and Integrity Act to public entities and State/ public officers;
- Overseeing integrity verification (vetting) for persons seeking appointment and or election to public office;
- Overseeing development, implementation and monitoring of annual work plans;
- Overseeing implementation and monitoring the budget and procurement plan;
- Planning and implementing staff capacity building programmes;
- Coordinating the development of proposals for legislative and policy reviews on ethics and integrity laws;
- Coordinating development on standards and best practices on ethics and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Secretary/ Chief Executive
For appointment as the Director – Ethics and Leadership, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Audit, Governance, Ethics, Public Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Economics, Education, Audit, International Relations, Education, Communication, Public Administration, Political Science, Ethics and Leadership, Governance, Business Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Minimum relevant work experience of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been at the level of a Deputy Director or a comparable position in a reputable organisation;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Thorough knowledge of the emerging issues and jurisprudence in the implementation of Chapter Six of the Constitution and integrity
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience on key integrity and governance issues in Kenya’s Public Sector;
- Leadership, Governance or Management Training lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional Training in Ethics, Integrity and Anti-Corruption will be an added advantage
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Director- Ethics and Leadership
- Be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality;
- Proven high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness and good temperament;
- Possess excellent leadership skills;
- Be a visionary, transformative and results-oriented;
- Strategic thinker;
- Be self-driven, a team-player and mentor/ coach; and
- Ability to cultivate partnership and collaborations
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be appointed for a five (5) year term and may be eligible for re-appointment. A competitive remuneration package will be offered in line with the terms of service for EACC Staff.
How to Apply
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Thursday, 9th September, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.