EACC Investigations Officer Job-Tax Expert(1 Post)
Investigations Officer, Tax Expert Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER II – TAX EXPERT, JOB GRADE – EACC “8” (1 POST), REF: EACC/INV/IOII-T/7
Reporting to Deputy Director – Asset Tracing, the job holder is responsible for execution of asset tracing investigations, preservation and management of traced assets, preparation and execution of Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) requests, supporting civil recovery suits and undertaking Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- Advising on the Laws, Procedures and Practices applicable in taxation matters;
- Investigating cases of corruption and economic crimes;
- Identifying and tracing corruptly acquired assets;
- Preserving assets that are subject of investigation;
- Compiling and submitting investigation reports;
- Supporting civil proceedings against any person for the recovery of corruptly acquired property or benefits;
- Giving expert evidence in court on matters relating to the profession
For appointment as an Investigations Officer – Tax Expert, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/ Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K), ACCA, CISA or CIA qualification;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Thursday, 9th September, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.