Earthworks Supervisor (Mining) at Base Titanium Limited
- Company: Base Titanium Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
As a member of the Mining Team, you will report to the Mine Projects Superintendent and will be responsible for supervising and managing Earthworks & Civil works projects ensuring safe operation of earth moving activities using heavy mobile equipment within the boundaries of Base Titanium Limited properties and performing other related activities with a high degree of accuracy as required in a safe and efficient manner.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing and supervising all Heavy Mobile Equipment Operators in line with their role descriptions and other staff and contractors as per job requirements
- Supervising earthmoving activities such as construction of small earthwork dams and loading haul & spoil activities and landscaping works by means of dozing
- Managing and responsibility of preparing and allowing for storm water control
- Promoting a safe working environment and ensuring all assigned tasks and targets are completed in a safe and timely with minimal risks, preventing property damage and loss of life.
To succeed you will have:
- A tertiary education of a Diploma in Civil Engineering is highly preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in earthworks and civil operations and site supervision
- A solid understanding of survey level control and civil engineering drawings relating to earthworks. i.e. topographical plans
- Experience in the capabilities of earthmoving machines i.e. Excavator and Dozer machines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- A demonstrable ability to manage earthmoving activities and operating personnel
- A good understanding of workplace Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
How to Apply