Editor Jobs, Communication Jobs In Kenya, KIM Jobs,
- Responsible for Implementation and operationalization an Editorial Policy to guide the operations of the publication.
- Tasked with implementation and operationalization of style guide with editing styles and guide to ensure consistency and quality of publications.
- Participate in the development of an annual calendar and carry out Monthly review of the themes and cover personalities to ensure proper and timely planning for stories and aid advertising department on advertising features and supplements and Organizes meetings with writers and editorial team members to discuss ideas for artwork, layout and features
- Ensure timely filing of monthly reports based on post-mortem meeting after every issue to enhance improvement on quality of magazine and monitor progress as per operational plan
- Write and coordinates reader surveys to establish market trends and gaps in our publication and to know tastes and preferences of the readers
- Oversees the layout, appearance, artwork, design, photography and content of Magazine for quality check before release of the monthly issue.
- Generates story ideas, commission articles from freelance and in-house writers to be featured in the magazine.
- Edits, proofreads, and re-writes articles to ensure editorial quality 0f the content before publication of the magazine.
- Oversees social media and website updates for the Magazine to ensure timely update of the social media and website on monthly edition articles for publicity.
- Organize and participate in monthly meeting with the Management Magazine team to review previous magazine issues and plan for upcoming editions
- Manages relationship between the institute and freelance writers and columnists, including negotiating payments with freelance writers.
- Works with marketing executives to develop advertising supplements
- Market and sell Management Magazine advertising space and subscriptions
- Plan the content of publications according to the publication’s style and editorial policy through creation of a flat plan
- Resource and external editor to engage in offering expertise advise to the content that has been generated to be published.
Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or any other related field
Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role:
- Be a member of media Council of Kenya
Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position :
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application letter and curriculum vitae stating the position applied for as the subject by 10th January 2020 to [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.