Employers Engagement Manager at Global Development Incubator (GDI)
Global Development Incubator (GDI) is an incubator for transformational development ventures, working to build and scale the next generation of social impact solutions. Whether these concepts originate from sector experts or are developed and tested ourselves, we create new approaches to address persistent global issues.
The employer engagement Manager will play a critical role in the identification, mobilizing, and working with different partners to connect Opportunity Youth (OYs) with job opportunities in Mombasa, Kenya. The Employment manager will focus on but not limited to three main areas:
- Demand mapping for current and future jobs that OY can be trained, also use the data to guide the development of a curriculum for training those skills
- Identification and driving partnerships with training organization to co-design the curriculum, recruit and skill OY with the demand-driven skills
- Relationship building with potential employers that will provide placement opportunities for graduates out of the training, advise on the current and future demand support curriculum co-design, convene employers, connect with business associations, chamber of commerce organizations, etc., to build programs that support OY and change mindset of employers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the key duties of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties will develop as the network evolves.
Employer Engagement 40%
- Map out employers in the ecosystem for the key clusters leveraging data from demand mapping; support sector leads to build out curricula for the prioritized clusters
- Engage training organizations and potential employers to co-design a demand-driven curriculum for skilling opportunity youth together with the sector leads
- Be a point of contact to provide advice, information, and support for employers, enabling and supporting them to be able to offer placement opportunities
- Engage different stakeholders such as Government, Private Sector, and employers and support regular job demand mapping across different sectors in Mombasa for current and future jobs seeking to identify formal and informal jobs and roles
- Build out relationships with private sector associations such as FKE, KTB, KEPSA, business councils, Association of manufacturers, SACCOs, finance, chamber of commerce among others
- Build relationships with employers and attend relevant forums, to promote and influence the creation of opportunities targeting the OYs
Program management 20%
- Develop assessment and capacity-strengthening approach for the career development of individual OYs
- Educate and influence the perceptions of employers considering recruiting OYs through providing awareness sessions, events, etc.
- Lead in advocacy campaigns and policy engagement aiming at creating an enabling environment for the creation of more employment opportunities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other valuable presentation platforms. The role involves creating a variety of engaging reports, presentations, proposals, and communication materials
- Vast experience utilizing databases and handling large volumes of data, analyzing data, research, and use information as a basis for problem-solving, decision making, and prioritization
- Experience in events organization, logistics, and project management involving the coordination of diverse project needs and stakeholders desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to engage professional and community stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and work with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds
- High-capacity self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Duration: Two Years
Interested candidates who meet the desired qualification are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter and CV using the link here. Early applications are strongly encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be received by 15th June 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for expressing interest in the role, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Employers Engagement Manager at Global Development Incubator (GDI) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.