Enforcement Officer at Water Services Regulatory Board
The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a regulatory state corporation established by the Water Act 2002, this law was repealed by the Water 2016 operationalized in April 2017. Section 70 (1) of the Water Act 2016 established Wasreb with the main objective to protect the interests and rights of consumers in the provision of water services, while ensuring other stake-holders interests are also safeguarded.
Responsible for enforcing compliance with standards for design, asset development & management, Water quality, Operation and Maintenance, human resource, governance, Non-Revenue Water, minimum service level and enforcing license conditions in line with the Board’s mandate.
Reporting Relationship This role reports to the Senior Enforcement Officer
The duties and responsibilities entail assisting in:
- Enforcing compliance with standards for design, asset development & Management, Water quality, Operation & Maintenance and human resources, governance, Non- Revenue Water;
- Enforcing compliance to minimum service level commitments;
- Enforcing compliance with license conditions; and
- Enforcing compliance of water works and water services to prescribed standards.
- Dealing with non-compliances through use of mechanisms such as Performance guarantee; cure plan; penalties; special regulatory regime; revocation of license, court action
- Determination and pronouncement of WSP take over by a WWDA.
- Scheduling and coordinating regulatory enforcement actions based on escalated inspection reports.
- Training or orienting enforcement officers and prosecutors on scope of WS regulation and key related actions.
- Preparing and rolling out enforcement and prosecution guidelines or toolkits for application by enforcement/prosecution officers.
- Playing a senior leadership role in bringing the WASREB internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships
- Promoting stakeholder/public participation in the provision of water services.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Law, Engineering, Science, Economics, or any other relevant field from a recognized institution with at least Two (2) years’ work experience at WASREB 5; or Bachelor’s degree entry at WASREB 6.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Working and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Drive for results:
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing; and
- IT Proficiency
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All the positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
The post Enforcement Officer at Water Services Regulatory Board appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.