Engineering Technologists (Motor Vehicle & Electrical) at Kenyatta National Hospital
KNH has turned 115 years and it had its Centenary Celebration in 2001. The Hospital was built to fulfill the role of being a National Referral and Teaching Hospital, as well as to provide medical research environment. Established in 1901 with a bed capacity of 40, KNH became a State Corporation in 1987 with a Board of Management and is at the apex of the referral system in the Health Sector in Kenya. It covers an area of 45.7 hectares and within the KNH complex are College of Health Sciences (University of Nairobi); the Kenya Medical Training College; Kenya Medical Research Institute and National Laboratory Service (Ministry of Health). KNH has 50 wards, 22out-patient clinics, 24 theaters (16 specialized) and Accident &amp; Emergency Department. Out of the total bed capacity of 1800, 209 beds are for the Private Wing.
JOB GROUP KNH8 (1 POST)
An officer at this level will be responsible to a Senior Motor Vehicle Technologist for provision of Motor Vehicle engineering services in the Hospital.
JOB GROUP KNH8 (1 POST)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Principal Technologist for provision of electrical services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out assigned duties of sectional works as per set targets;
- Receiving, utilizing and accounting for materials and spares;
- Ensuring safe and efficient use of tools and equipment in the section;
- Carrying out electrical installation repair works and duties in line with set standards, practices, observations and guidelines applicable in the unit;
- Ensuring all job cards of works assigned are duly completed and returned to the supervisor;
- Observing cleanliness, orderliness at personal level and at workplace;
- Ensuring punctuality, availability and efficiency use of all working hours;
- Demonstrating evidence of successful participation in required training programs offered by the hospital;
- Participating in committee meetings as appropriate;
- Ensuring the safety and security of self, staff, client and facilities;
- Ensuring that the overall activities meet the requirement of quality management and environmental policies and legal stipulation;
- Interpretation of Electrical engineering drawings and technical manuals)
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing licence.
- Evidence in Proficiency in Computer Application.
- Fulfilment of requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
The post Engineering Technologists (Motor Vehicle & Electrical) at Kenyatta National Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.