Environment Job Vihiga County – Career Point Kenya
Environment Job, Latest County Government Jobs In Kenya,
Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract,
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines,
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Environment will be responsible for the following:
- In charge of all environmental matters and activities pertaining to the environment in the County including environmental planning, research, compliance and enforcement.
- Coordinating the preparation of departmental strategic plans, annual work plans, performance contracts, budgets, procurement plans and other activities including monitoring their implementation and reporting, in consultation with other department and the Chief Officer for Environment, Energy and Natural Resources.
- In charge of environmental resource mobilization in the county.
- Ensure adoption and Implementation of appropriate Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEAs) to the county and other relevant agreements in the field of environment.
- In charge of compliance and enforcement activities of the existing county environmental policies, laws, guidelines regulations and standards.
- Ensuring that the County develops the necessary capacity for environmental management and conservation.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the position of a Deputy Director Environment or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Sciences, Environmental Planning and Management, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Sciences, Waste Management, Forestry, Geology, Hydrology, Geo-Information science, Chemistry, Biology; or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Post Graduate qualification in Environmental Management field, -EIA or its equivalent;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge in computer applications, and Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How To Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 4th August, 2020 at 5pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN
ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- Attach your ID card , Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application form
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority.