Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Officer at Butali Sugar Mills limited
Sugarnpower Consulting was established with an aim to provide consultancy and value added service to Sugar, Pulp, Paper, Alcohol and Power Industry. The entity has grown in size & turnover in last few years, as Sugarnpower Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Butali Sugar Mills limited is an ultra-modern sugar factory within the Kakamega County in the Western part of Kenya. BSML seeks to recruit suitable professionals for the following open position above; .
- Ensure compliance to all relevant authorities.
- Conducting safety training and education programs, and demonstrating the use of safety equipment as well as maintaining and updating emergency response plans and procedures
- Developing and maintaining hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, as well as medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Inspecting and evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations and to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
- Providing new employee health and safety orientations and developing materials for these presentations.
- Recommending measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Managing environmental issues and ensuring compliance of the same as provided by statutory bodies NEMA, WARMA, DOSH, Public Health etc
- Engaging stakeholders on Environmental and corporate social responsibility matters
Job Skills: Not Specified
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental sciences/Health and Safety Management or related field
- Certificates in Health and Safety Management/Environmental Impact Assessment will be an added advantage
- Five years’ relevant experience
The post Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Officer at Butali Sugar Mills limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.