Executive Associate to RC at UNDP
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RC missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RC for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RC office.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the RC office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of information sharing between UNCT and the UN Coordination Unit and with development partners.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RC.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
- Provides support to the relationships across the UNCT and donors, ensuring that appropriate client services are provided.
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Provides support on processes related to finance, procurement and budget management for the RCO, including tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Supports the UNCT meetings and other UNCT coordination activities (planning, minutes etc)
- Maintenance of information on RC system activities.
- Supports the Communication Officer in updating and maintenance of the UN website as well as in preparation of public information materials as requested.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of specialized trainings for protocol and administrative/logistic functions.
- Organization of trainings to UNRCO staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
The post Executive Associate to RC at UNDP appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.