Executive Chef Job, Hotel Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Title: Executive Chef – Somalia
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Net Salary: USD 1000 –USD 1500
Our client is a well-established 4-star hotel in Somalia seeking to hire an admirable Executive Chef to lead and inspire our kitchen staff in the creation of culinary masterpieces. The Executive Chef will be responsible for designing the menu,hiring and training kitchen staff, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed.
To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment. Top candidates are creative individuals with a passion for great food and excellent service.
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish
- Designing healthy sophisticated coastal dishes
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required
- Hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues
- Qualification from a culinary school.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Passion for creating incredible food that delights and attracts customers.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Creative, innovative thinking.
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health and safety.
- Experience managing inventories and stocktaking.
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on holidays
How to apply
If we just described you and believe you are up to the challenge, possess ALL the qualifications/ experience listed above, please send your CV with an email subject (Executive Chef – Somalia) to [email protected] before Thursday 30th July 2020.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.