Executive Director at Family Bank
Family Bank (formely Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in the early 1985
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Functionally to the Chairman of the Board Family Group Foundation and Administratively to the Chief Executive Officer Family Bank Ltd.
Responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its vision, mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director will provide overall leadership for Strategy, organizational development, implementation, financial oversight, resource mobilization and sustainability. She/he maintains strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders that are important collaborators in the Foundation’s mission and activities.
The Executive Director has the responsibility and accountability to set the tone for the Foundation’s Secretariat’s internal and external interactions by exemplifying values of high ethical standards, integrity, and fairness. She/he must act in the best interests of the Foundation in all contexts, and is responsible for ensuring this culture prevails across the organization’s employees and stakeholders.
- Responsible for fund raising & sustainability.
- Increasing, strengthening and diversifying the Foundation’s funding sources.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plans that build sustainable mutually beneficial partnership.
- Enhance the foundation’s capacity in resource mobilization.
Program Development and Administration
- Ensures that the foundation has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Guide the expansion and development of the Foundation
- Provide leadership in developing policies, guidelines and priorities around projects and their acquisitions including negotiations.
- Provide leadership in developing program, the foundation and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and implementation of the same.
- Promote active and broad participation by staff in all areas of the foundation’s work.
- Ensure the maintenance of records and documents, and compliance with the law.
- Collaborating with the Board of Directors to develop Board and committee meeting schedules and agendas that meet the needs of the Board and management, and attending Board meetings
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Fully ensure the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the Foundation and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the Foundation, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships with Donor Partners, Cooperating Partners, Recipients, Governments and all other stakeholders.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the Foundation to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Generate goodwill from leading national and global media houses on the Foundations mission and vision.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Ensure that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Enhance and standardize staff development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the foundation.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality individuals.
- Create and support a high-functioning team.
Budgeting and Finance
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Working closely with the Financial Committee, develop annual operational and financial reports and programmatic budgets.
- Ensure that the Foundation operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the Foundation to carry out its work.
- Establish procedures for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of funded programs.
- Ensure that appropriate methods, systems and procedures are in place to review programs.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate financial reporting.
- the highest level of confidence among public and private donors in the Family Group Foundation operations and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Related field.
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Business Administration its equivalent an added advantage.
- Experience in direct fundraising, soliciting prospective corporate & foundation donors & sustainability is a plus.
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience in diverse functions of an organization at senior management level; 6 of which must have been in a senior management
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Goal focused and able to spot business opportunities.
- High level of integrity and passion for driving governance.
- Personality: Excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature and reliable.
- Excellent Management, Proposal writing, Public Relations, interpersonal skills; outstanding reporting skills
- Good networking skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Energetic, highly motivated with passion for excellence in achieving business growth.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of risks identification, assessment, and management frameworks.
The post Executive Director at Family Bank appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.