Field Officer Job in Kenya
- Kenya Livestock Producers Association (KLPA) is
currently seeking for Agricultural field officers to assist in provision
of extension services to DigiFarm’s smallholder farmers.
- The position holder will provide agricultural
extension services to contracted farmers. S/he will live and work at the
County level to raise awareness and uptake of DigiFarm’s interventions.
- Supervise recruitment, onboarding and geotagging
of farmers on to the Digifarm platform.
- Supervise and coordinate input distribution to the
- Provide agronomic support and advice to farmers on
crop production, pre- and post-harvest management.
- Manage the end to end farmer engagement
- Support and coordinate Digifarm programs with
other Digifarm ecosystem partners.
- Prepare weekly, monthly or on-demand activity
- Perform any other related duties as may be
- Required education: Degree or diploma in
agricultural Education & Extension, general agriculture, horticulture,
soil science, or an agricultural-related course from a recognized
- Required relevant work experience: 1-2 years in
implementation of agricultural projects offering direct support to
- Knowledgeable and well versed with specificities
of crop production and able to conduct farmer trainings to improve their
- Excellent communication skills in both
written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Knowledge of local languages in any of the
following counties: Migori, Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, West Pokot,
Trans-Nzoia, Nakuru, Homabay, Machakos, Makueni, and Kajiado
- Willingness to travel and relocate to the rural
areas as and when necessary.
- Community mobilization skills.
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their
applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV with at least 2
professional referees. State salary expectations in the cover letter.
- All applications must be sent through [email protected] and should be received by
CoB 7th July 2020.
- Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kenya Livestock Producers Association (KLPA) is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender