Field Procurement Advisor
MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
Our Logistics department offers a suite of technical and supply chain services including end-to-end supply chain management, medical facility management and maintenance support to all medical equipment, as well as expert advice on construction, transport, energy and other technical domains. Some 800 logisticians who work in our field projects receive logistical support from our support teams, based in offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and Nairobi.
With immediate effect our Logistics department / FSU is looking for a
Field Procurement Advisor – 100%
Based in Amsterdam or Nairobi
PLACE IN THE ORGANIZATION:
This is a new role, which sits in the team of technical logisticians (and report to the coordinator technical logistics). You will work closely with the other advisors in the FSU (mainly the Front Office advisors and Supply advisors), the Unifield ERP and the pharmacy management teams. There is also
Because the position has a field focus we believe proximity to our operations is important, as well as to the main supply operations. Hence, the suitable work stations are Nairobi and Amsterdam.
To initiate, develop, implement and evaluate organization-wide policies and procedures in local procurement;
To give expert advice and support to operations and colleagues in the department and in the field missions on procurement.
- You definite and develop policies, procedures, guidelines, indicators and tools related to procurement. You also support the front office colleagues and flying teams in their implementation in the field;
- You lead the global spend analysis at field level in order to identify key suppliers, category of procurement and advice on the definition of priorities for the field missions. You advise stakeholders on procurement KPIs.
- You provide guidance and advice, in order to develop local and regional procurement strategies in field missions. In doing so you consider potential leverage by mutualizing with the spend of other sections of the organization
- You provide strategic, local and regional insights and recommendations to the tactical procurement team located in the main office in Amsterdam for the development of the Global Procurement Strategies;
- You support field teams in tender processes and the negotiation of contracts;
- You develop market assessments and benchmark analysis;
- You build the capacities of procurement colleagues in the field missions through coaching and training;
- You are available for field deployment to do technical work, emergency assignments and/or market assessments;
We are looking for a specialist, so someone with a degree in business administration or supply chain management. Hands on and operational experience are key, therefore we require at least 5 years of experience in procurement including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting, or a position in a different domain entailing the same components, a good knowledge base in supply chain processes and financial budgeting. The operational experience ideally also includes field missions in procurement /supply chain functions with MSF or another NGO, or at least work experience in a similar international environment, because the job will require one to work in diverse teams in a great variety of context, also remotely. To do this well, we believe proven diplomacy, ability to develop a professional network and listening skills are required.
The job requires computer literacy: proven ability to work with Office and ERP, but in particular a good command of excel is a must. Experience in project management is an added value, as are writing skills (for guidance, SOPs). An analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomy are a must, particularly because this is a new role. Proven experience in customer orientation and a result-orientated attitude are key.
We welcome applications from people with MSF experience or without, but in order to succeed we believe a motivation to commit to MSF values is vital. Also, one should be r eady to spend more than 30% of his/her time in the projects and missions in the field. Due to the fact that in a lot of our projects many of the staff speak French, this is a strong asset as well.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for 1 year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary. The salary scale will depend on which office will host the contract (Amsterdam or Nairobi). In the case of the Amsterdam office the salary would be in scale 6. The exact amount would depend on professional experience.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
How to apply
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact (Pako) Francis Coteur, Coordinator of Technical Logistics [email protected] .
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 2 December. The selection will be done by means of one or two interviews (first interviews on 8 and 10 December) and an assignment.
–personal applications only, acquisition is not appreciated–