Finance & Admin Manager at LVCT Health
LVCT Health is an indigenous Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2001. We are driving Kenya towards HIV prevention, with an ultimate goal of reducing HIV infections to zero. We offer integrated HIV services through development of models that are scaled up to the national models. We also carry out sexual and reproductive health research – translating our research to policy and practice; providing evidence for HIV policy reforms and service delivery; and developing capacities of indigenous organizations in building sustainable human resources for community HIV Prevention. We give special attention to those with greatest vulnerability to infection and with special service needs – including survivors of sexual violence, persons living with disabilities, men who have sex with men, Youth and Sex Workers. Our offices are in Nairobi, Western Region, Eastern and Central Region and Rift Valley.
REPORTING TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Coast Region
The Finance & Admin. Manager will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the Organization’s compliance with LVCT Health and Donor procedures, rules and regulations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the organization, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with LVCT Health policies and procedures, Donor rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Kenyan laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Manage project procurement processes.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations–related matters.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Prepare and submit annual, quarterly and any ad hoc financial and accrual reports to Donors.
- Contribute to the development of high –quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports and any other reports required by Donors.
- Liaise with Internal Audit & Compliance Manager and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Supervise other project–based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements.
- Professional certification (CPA) is a requirement and a member of ICPAK.
- At least 7 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- At least 3 years of experience working with USAID contract mechanisms
- Proven track record in operations leadership.
- Highly innovative and motivated organizational leader.
- The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
- Collaboration – ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Creativity/innovation – ability to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
- Influencing/negotiating – ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Managing people – ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs.
The post Finance & Admin Manager at LVCT Health appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.