Finance & Administration Officer at Sauti Kuu Foundation
Sauti Kuu’s goal is to create a platform for disadvantaged children and young people worldwide that allows them to uncover their strengths and realize their full potential to live independent successful lives. Our aim is to help children and young people, in particular those from rural communities and urban slums, to discover the strength of their own voices and the power they have to positively change their lives.
Responsibilities include gathering and recording of financial transactions, interpretation, classification, analysis and summarization and reporting of financial data. The role requires taking care of the full accountancy cycle from opening to closure: The processing of all financial transactions, keeping track of budgets, assisting in the preparation of financial report for donors, members and other stakeholders, ensure that financial and procurement procedures are accurately implemented, supporting the organization’s auditing process, and managing employee’s payroll.
Organization of fiscal documents
Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to system.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls Management of the organization’s overall budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Help develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans
- Regular meetings with the Senior Management for fiscal planning.
Assist Senior Management:
- In the development of individual program budget
- With financial management and oversight of Sauti Kuu Foundation operations.
- In creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow
Overseeing monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports and fulfilling tax related obligations.
- Manage day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable, producing reports requested
- Preparation of organization’s accounting for Auditors review (every three months)
- Preparation of regular financial reports for Funders
- Generate Monthly Financial Reports for Senior Management and Board
Maintain and keep up to date all financial records in Foundation QuickBooks systemPosting on QuickBooks
Payroll management (iTax (PAYE, Withholding Tax, etc.) Payroll workings, NSSF and NHIF payments generation of Payslips (MS Excel) Monthly Reconciliations (Bank, Payroll, Petty Cash, etc.)
- Timely filing of all tax returns
- Help ensure compliance with financial regulations and other legal requirements including taxation and registration) in country of operation.
- Supervising day-to-day operations of the administrative department and staff members.
- Hiring, training, and evaluating employees, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Collecting, organizing, and storing information using computers and filing systems.
- Overseeing special projects and tracking progress towards company goals.
- Building new and expanding existing skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance option, Management, or related field.
- Experience in related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget development, planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Proactive individual with team playing and leadership capability
- Willingness to continue building skills through education opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written skill, report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the English language
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office, Quickbooks, Databases and spreadsheets.
The post Finance & Administration Officer at Sauti Kuu Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.