Finance & Administration Officer at World Agroforestry
Project Financial Management
- Ensure proper financial recording, administration, and compliance to WorldVeg and donor financial regulations for the Veggies 4 Planet & People Project.
- Integrate the project budget lines expenditures that are directly managed by ICRAF, such as staff salaries, office rent, IT charges, bank charges, and purchase of vehicles, into the WorldVeg’s enterprise resource system (ERP) system. Consolidate financial reports received from ICRAF and maintain a positive account balance according to host agreements.
- Review financial reports from the WorldVeg team and partners in Ethiopia and consolidate them in one financial report for the donor.
- Maintain and manage petty cash according to WorldVeg regulations.
- Manage banking activities.
- Monitor budget vs expenditure and ensure expenditures are charged to correct budget codes.
- Ensure correct and up-to-date time administration of staff in WorldVeg’s ERP system.
- Train other project staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters and liaise with staff to ensure internal control is in place.
- Prepare draft project financial reports on set due dates, for review by Regional Finance Officer.
Accounting and administration
- Carry out day-to-day financial transactions and enter them into the ERP system.
- Prepare all the relevant supporting documentation for the Country Director to review and approve on real-time basis.
- Maintain accurate records by ensuring proper and adequate filling system for financial documents.
- Prepare draft project financial reports adhering to donor set dates.
- Timely provide receipts and post receipts after liquidation of advances.
- Manage balance sheet accounts including travel advances issued to staff.
- Assist in filling employees’ expense sheets on a timely basis.
- Analyse financial reports from partners and manage partner advance payments according to conditions defined in partner agreements. Raise queries where necessary and follow up with partners in consultation with the Country Director.
- Maintain records (hard and soft copies) of all project documents for easy reference and retrieval
- Prepare payment of supplier invoices in according to the financial guidelines.
- Carry out correct posting of project expenditures and on time in the WorldVeg’s ERP system following accountant’s relevant checklist.
- Verify correctness and authenticity of expenses before submitting for approval by the Country Director.
- Raise journals and submit in the system as per the approval hierarchy.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly bank and cash accounts reconciliation and submission to HQ together with the fund request.
- Maintain filing system of all journal entries with all the appropriate documents, including expense receipts, consultants’ invoices and monthly invoices including pre-payments if any.
- Ensure that financial administrative policies and procedures are adhered to in close consultation with Headquarters financial services.
- Assist the internal, external and donor auditors during financial audits and review audit materials.
- Implement procurement processes of the project, in full compliance with WorldVeg’s procurement processes, rules and regulations.
- Manage purchase orders, prepare cheques/payments, and ensure effective delivery of goods and services.
- Maintain adequate records on procurement issues; including supporting procurement documents needed for audit and review processes.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with donor’s funds.
- Assist Country Director in budget expenditure monitoring and other analysis when requested.
- Assist Country Director in drafting project correspondences of administrative nature.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Kenya Country Director.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or company.
- Proven experience in donor or project financial reporting
- Proven experience in training and coaching staff in basic financial management practices.
- Ability to work independently driven by a desire to achieve results.
- Excellent computer skills in MS ‐ office applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
The post Finance & Administration Officer at World Agroforestry appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.